we receive following error message while working on ShrePoint server side object model
“The Web application at http://server:port/ could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application”
Here are the most common reasons for this error:
- Insufficient Rights on the site collection – The code is executed in context of an account which does not have read permission on the site collection
- Incorrect .NET framework version – Ensure that the project is configured supported .NET framework that means need to configure .NET version which supports current versions of SharePoint
- Incorrect Url being used – Verify that the site works correct in a browser and double check that the server is correct registered in the AAM settings
- The code is executed on a different machine – The SharePoint object model (except the Client API) requires to be run on the SharePoint server itself. It is not possible to run the application on a server which is not within the same SharePoint farm the code is trying to access.
- Incorrect bitness(x84/x64) – The SharePoint object model needs to be executed with the same bitness as the operating system. That means you cannot use the SharePoint object model in a 32-bit application if the Operating System and SharePoint are installed as 64-bit version. Ensure to compile the project using the correct bitness (64-bit on a 64-bit machine vs. 32-bit on a 32-bit machine)